|2001: The Children of Bottle|
|Publication date||10 February 2004|
| Preceded by|
1932: Drugs and the Dominos
| Followed by|
1933: (First) The Slash ~Cloudy to Rainy~
The fifth light novel of Baccano! is 2001: The Children of Bottle.
It was published in February of 2004 and is 344 pages long.
Maiza Avaro and Czeslaw Meyer are traveling around the world in search of their fellow alchemists from the Advenna Avis. They, along with Sylvie Lumiere and Nile, have just found Elmer C. Albatross. However, the nearby reclusive village views the immortals as demons, but Elmer still refuses to leave. This is due to the existence of (a) girl(s) named Phil, the abandoned research of Szilard Quates, and artificial consiousnesses.
- Written by Huey Laforet (Immortal, Terrorist)
- Words of Denkuro Tougo (Immortal, Unemployed)
- Written by Victor Talbot (Immortal, FBI Agent)
- 2001, Summer
- Prologue - Smile Junkie
- Chapter 1 - Emotion "Happiness"
- Chapter 2 - Emotion "Sorrow"
- Chapter 3 - Emotion "Joy"
- Chapter 4 - Emotion "Anger"
- Chapter 5 - Smile
- Epilogue - The Children of Bottle
- The title of the volume is a reference to the band Children of Bodom.