|2001 The Children of Bottle|
|English Translator||Taylor Engel|
|Publication date|| 10 February 2004 (JP)
19 September 2017 (EN)
|Published by|| MediaWorks (JP)
Yen On (EN)
| Preceded by|
1932 Drug & The Dominos
| Followed by|
1933 (First) The Slash -Cloudy to Rainy-
The fifth light novel of Baccano! is 2001 The Children of Bottle.
It was published in February of 2004 and is 344 pages long.
The immortal Elmer C. Albatross is a Smile Junkie who'll do whatever it takes for his happy ending – despite not knowing the first thing about happiness. Three hundred years after the passengers of the Advena Avis parted ways, four of them have finally tracked Elmer to a village in Northern Europe where the inhabitants seem to be stuck in their old ways, fearing the visitors as "demons." During their stay, the immortals encounter a strange girl, and their past catches up with them...
- Prologue: Smile Junkie
- Chapter 1: Joy Anger Sorrow FUN
- Chapter 2: Joy Anger SORROW Fun
- Chapter 3: JOY Anger Sorrow Fun
- Chapter 4: Joy ANGER Sorrow Fun
- Chapter 5: (Smile)
- Epilogue: The Children of Bottle
- The title of the volume is a reference to the band Children of Bodom.