The sixth light novel of Baccano! is 1933 <First> The Slash -Cloudy to Rainy-.
It was published 10 September 2004 and is 280 pages long.
Dallas Genoard's barrel has been retrieved from the Hudson - without him in it. Firo Prochainezo tries to escape the memories of Szilard Quates, but ends up hurting his relationship with Isaac Dian and Miria Harvent.
Ronny Schiatto and Ennis from the Martillo Family search for Jacuzzi's Gang, only to find that the Gandor Family's Tick Jefferson and Maria Barcelito and Tim's Larva have taken an interest in the gang as well. The Larva attempt to convince Jacuzzi's gang to help them steal the incomplete immortality elixir in exchange for immortality, but a battle between Chané Laforet, Adele, and Maria interrupts them. Jacuzzi's gang escapes, Ronny and Ennis are kidnapped, and the legendary assassin Vino is on the move.
- Conversation: Brothers
- Conversation: Old Man and Grandchild
- Conversation: Father and Daughter
- Conversation: Brother and Sister
- Prologue: Eight Years Ago
- Chapter 0: Oil Drum
- Chapter 1: Flowers and Dominos
- Chapter 2: Spear and Knives and Katanas
- Linking Chapter: Rain and a Letter and Scissors and Love and...
- In the afterword, Narita says that he drew inspiration for this story from an issue of Jin Shinonome's joke-based manga Four-Panel Jack that dealt with Baccano!. He received approval from Chief Editor Suzuki if he could treat the four-panel jokes from Four-Panel Jack as actual fact, rather than just the jokes that they were meant to be.
- The title of the volume is a reference to the band The Clash.