|1931 The Grand Punk Railroad: Local|
|English Translator||Taylor Engel|
|Publication date|| 09 August 2003 (JP)
30 August 2016 (EN)
|Published by|| MediaWorks (JP)
Yen On (EN)
| Preceded by|
The Rolling Bootlegs
| Followed by|
1931 The Grand Punk Railroad: Express
The second light novel of Baccano! is 1931 The Grand Punk Railroad: Local (1931 Donkōhen The Grand Punk Railroad 1931 鈍行編 The Grand Punk Railroad).
It was published in August of 2003 and is 333 pages long.
Aboard the transcontinental luxury train Flying Pussyfoot, a three-way hijacking occurs while a mysterious monster known as the Rail Tracer kills off passengers.
- First-Class Compartment: Black Suits
- Second-Class Compartment: White Suits
- Third-Class Compartment: Ragtag Suits
- Epilogue I
- Prologue I: Costumed Bandits
- Prologue II: Delinquents
- Prologue III: Terrorist Group
- Prologue IV: Homicidal Maniacs
- Prologue V: Before Boarding
- Local: The Man Who Wouldn't Cry
- The title of the volume is a reference to the band Grand Funk Railroad.