The fourteenth light novel of Baccano! is 1931: Another Junk Railroad - Special Express Episode (1931 Rinjikyūkōhen Another Junk Railroad 1931 臨時急行編 Another Junk Railroad).
It was published 7 January 2009 and is 296 pages long.
The transcontinental train the Flying Pussyfoot arrived in New York a few days ago. Chané Laforet has been taken in by Jacuzzi's Gang and Graham Specter laments the loss of his boss Ladd Russo. Back on the train, Lebreau Fermet Viralesque stows away while Elmer C. Albatross buys the tickets of two wary passengers. In New York, Rachel learns from Czeslaw Meyer about immortals, then meets Claire Stanfield (not as the Rail Tracer). He asks her for advice on how to woo Chané, so she suggests giving her a gift. Chané receives a white dress from Claire, and when she notices he has even included sheaths for her knives, she wavers in her resolve to kill him and tries on the dress.
Graham mistakes her for Eve Genoard and kidnaps her, leaving a ransom note for Jacuzzi Splot. Jacuzzi goes to Graham's warehouse alone with the promise of the bounty on his head but is followed by Nice Holystone and the rest of his gang, along with Claire. Graham wants to continue fighting Chané, but is forced to fight Vino instead. He stops when he realizes Vino is the one who threw Ladd off the train and leaves his warehouse in Jacuzzi's care with a death threat for Claire. Chané agrees to be friends with Claire until she falls in love with him.
- At the Hospital
- At the Speakeasy
- At the Abandoned Warehouse
- Somewhere in New York
- Terminal - The Day Before
- Smiles and Malice
- A Man Named Huey Laforet
- Chapter 1: A World Coming to Light
- Interlude: TIPS - Huey and Chané
- Chapter 2: A Lonely World
- Interlude: TIPS - Childhood Friends
- Chapter 3: A Sad Yet Fun World
- Interlude: TIPS - The Couple on the Night Before the Train's Arrival
- Chapter 4: A World Upside Down
- Interlude: TIPS - Immortals
- Chapter 5: My World
- Final Chapter: A World Coming to Light 2
- Extra Chapter: Terminal - A Connected World
- Part of this volume was originally titled 1931? The Grand Punk Railroad Revisited (回送編 Kaisō hen, lit. Flashback Chapter) and released 31 March 2003 with the 1931 Local Chapter ・ Express Chapter (鈍行編・特急編 Donkōhen ・ Tokkyūhen) The Grand Punk Railroad drama CD as a gaiden novel. It was later expanded into Another Junk Railroad.
- The title of the volume is a reference to the band Grand Funk Railroad.